Easy Step for Healthy Living Number 4
Daily Treat for Your Teeth
In my previous article ”Why Is It Important to Clean Your Teeth?” you learned about the crucial factors of keeping your teeth clean.
In this post, I want to tell you about two additional tips on how to keep your teeth clean and increase your overall health considerably.
Coconut oil pulling
Do coconut oil pulling each morning before you brush your teeth.
Coconut pulling has been known for thousands of years already, in the ancient world. In our days it has become more and more known, again, to be an excellent help in keeping our teeth clean and nice white.
The benefits of coconut oil pulling are:
- Kills bad breath
- Helps to decrease plaque build up
- Whitens teeth
- Prevents cavities
- Helps against tooth decay
- Heals bleeding gums
- Reduces inflammation
- Prevents gum diseases
- Prevents heart disease
- Heals cracked lips
A great advantage of using coconut oil to rinse your mouth is that it has an antibacterial effect, but it does not kill the good bacterias which the body need to stay healthy.
A mouth rinse you buy in a store often contain alcohol and these kill almost all bacteria, the good and the bad ones.
How to do coconut oil pulling:
- Swish oil in your mouth for about 15 to 20 minutes the first thing in the morning.
- Use approximately one tablespoon of oil (if it's in a liquid state); take less coconut oil when it is in a solid state*.
- Pull the oil back and forth by sucking it between the teeth.
- Brush the teeth after having spat out the oil.
When shall I have time to do the coconut pulling?
I suggest you do it while:
- making your bed and preparing your clothes for the day or
- while taking your morning shower or
- while preparing the breakfast.
* Caution: The coconut oil remains in its white solid state if the room temperature is lower than 77 to 79 degrees Fahrenheit (24-25 degrees Celcius). Therefore, be sure not to spit down the used coconut oil into the water sink, because it can clog your pipes. Instead, spit it in some kind of container you are anyway throwing away.
Check this short video on how to do coconut oil pulling:
Learn about the amazing benefits of coconut oil pulling.
Drink green tea
Drink one cup, or more, of green tea each day.
Green tea contains antioxidants (polyphenols) which breaks down the unhealthy plaque-causing bacterias, which also are to blame for cavities. As you learned in the paragraph above, plaque can lead to gum diseases and the dreaded periodontal disease.
Several studies have been made on this topic. Yasushi Koyama of the Tohoku University Graduate School of Medicine studied more than 25,000 Japanese men and women between age 40 and 64. This study found out that people who drank one cup of green tea per day had a better dental health than those who drank coffee. Especially the polyphenol catechin can help to stop the growth of bacteria and also viruses. Green tea also helps to reduce bad breath and has got virtually innumerable other health benefits, which I’m going to write about in a coming article.
If the body does not have to fight any infections you feel more energetic.
It means there is more energy for other functions.
This is why it is so important to implement the 4 habits into your daily routines:
You prevent getting dental cavities and gum diseases.
You prevent bacterias entering the bloodstream due to injured gums.
You will increase your overall health.
You get a fresh breath.
And last but not least: You get a beautiful white smile!
The 4 Healthy Teeth Habits
1. Pull coconut oil in your mouth 20 minutes each morning before brushing your teeth.
2. Brush your teeth each morning and each evening.
3. Floss your teeth preferably each evening, but at least four evenings per week.
4. Drink green tea each day.
Invest these minutes in your future health.
Instead of one day having to sacrifice your time for illness.
Take the time for these easy and healthy habits.
Easy Steps for Healthy Living receives a small commission if you make a purchase through a link in this article. No extra costs occur for you.
Teeth White and Clean, Make Your Smile Beam
Do you have a great advice for cleaning your teeth or for whitening your teeth naturally.
Please share your tips. I'd love to hear your experiences.
If you have any questions about healthy living,
I'm here for you.